Easily Remove Date & Month From Blogger Post Url
In blogger have a by-default, "date & month" and ".html" with the posts URL. And you can't remove it, without playing with the HTML theme.
So in this post, I'm going to guide you on how to remove date from blogger post URL.
Before removing it, you should know the advantages, and the disadvantages of it.
Advantages of removing Date from blogger post URL
|Remove date from blogger post URL|
In Quora, I have seen many bloggers asked questions on how to remove date from blogger post URL, and how to remove date from blogger permalink?
I think it's a common question arrives in all blogger mind. As WordPress post URL doesn't has any date, whereas it only exists in blogger post link.
Tell me, which one is looks professional
Before removing date and .html
After removing date and .html.
At a glance, let me tell you some advantages of removing the date from the blogger post URL.
- It makes blog posts URL short and gives a professional permalink to your blog post.
- Blog visitors couldn't identify. The post is old or new.
- It helps in on-page SEO and also helps in better ranking on search engine results pages.
Above mentioned all the benefits which you will get by removing Date from blogger post URL.
Disadvantages of removing the date from blogger post URL!
Nothing is 100% perfect, removing date and .html from blogger post URL is good although here some disadvantages are existing with it.
So let me tell you some disadvantages of removing Date from blog post URL for a glance.
- If you have just created a new blog, then it is for yours.
- If your blog post is ranking well on the search engines page, then it might be hurt on SEO.
- In case if you have already published two or three more posts before applying this tactic, then maybe it will show 404 error, on your particular page or post.
- I have already tested this method more than 10th times, but I have not faced any 404 issues. Only, I have seen a popup a message "there is nothing here", but within milliseconds it has automatically redirected.
How to remove date from blogger post URL step by step?
|Step to remove date from blogger post url|
- Log in to the blogger dashboard and click on the theme option.
- Now, will show you, 'Edit HTML' click here.
- To find out </head> click anywhere inside the HTML theme section and press Ctrl+F and paste</head>
- Copy the above code and paste it just before the </head>
- See preview and save it.
- Congratulations you have done it.
Before applying this method, never forget to backup the theme because if anything wrong happened, then you will get trouble.
Thanks a lot
😊😊 keep reading
Oh wow, this is magical, worked like magic, just pasted and from the past URLs too, date and.html was removed, have not face any 404 or any other type of error, thank you so much for this.
Thanks a lot. It works.
Most welcome ):-
Thank you Sir, it worked. can you please help me with adsense, I link my blog with adsense but still it says : Low quality content, I have around 25 pages did all the basic coding, if you can help it will be great, thanking you in advance
Most welcome M Das, I hope you have fixed it, if still you are facing an issue..plz contact me on contact page
If I access my page like as my.blogspot.com/short then show me 404 error then redirect but if I access my page from home page then okay but if visit directly then not working.
If you are facing the issue, plz don't use...
Thanks a looootttt bro!!!!
It's really working!!!!! Thankssss
Most welcome Gareeb... Keep learning 🥰
very nice your post sir! i like it.
Thanks Suraj 🥰 keep growing with us🤝
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.